Cabinet Service Overview
Whether you decide on a complete kitchen remodel and cabinet replacement or just a cabinet refacing job, Sears Home Services can help you with selections on new colors, new textures, accessories and options, for a customized project to meet your specific needs. Explore our brands, styles and options, accessories and more for your next cabinet resurfacing, refinishing or replacement project. When you are ready, find the easy to use form to the right to request your FREE in home consultation. We will bring the showroom to you!
Cabinet Helper: To Replace or Reface?
Cabinet Helper: To Replace or Reface?
When looking for new kitchen cabinets, one of the biggest choices is whether to replace or reface. Replacing means completely removing the cabinets, fronts and boxes and replacing with all brand new cabinets, while refacing or refinishing allows you to use the existing boxes and replace just the cabinet fronts. The decision you make depends on several factors. Click on the "next" button to review some of the considerations.Next
Cabinet Helper: Questions to Ask YourselfAsk yourself these questions about what you are looking for in kitchen cabinets - this can help you in the replace or reface decision:
What do you like most and least about your kitchen today:
â¢ General layout
â¢ Drawer space
â¢ Improved shelving
What would you like to add:
â¢ Lazy susan
â¢ More drawer space
â¢ Wine rack
â¢ Rollout shelves
â¢ Wine glass holder
â¢ Under cabinet moldings
â¢ Taller wall cabinets
â¢ Glass doors
â¢ Spice racks
Cabinet Helper: Cabinet Replacement
A complete cabinet replacement and installation project may likely be a part of a larger kitchen remodel that includes layout changes and other new features such as countertops, flooring, appliances and lighting. You might also consider replacing your cabinets if you have more time, you want to change the size or type of your cabinets, you want special features that you don't have now, you have damage to the structure of your cabinets or you need more space than you have.
Cabinet Helper: Cabinet Refacing
Refacing your cabinets may be an option if:
• your budget is limited
• you are generally satisfied with the size, type and location of your cabinets
• your cabinets have dated styles
• your cabinets have non-working elements (hinges, slides, etc.)
• you want to improve the value of your home at a minimal cost.
Cabinet Helper: Evolution of Cabinet Refacing
As you consider a cabinet refacing project, keep in mind some of the decisions above and the impact on quality and price of these. Click on the items on the menu bar at the bottom to learn more.
Cabinet Helper: ROI
Cabinet Helper: Conclusion
Whether you're planning a full kitchen cabinet replacement or cabinet resurfacing, you always have options with Sears. We understand that every home has a different style and every customer has a different design preference, that's why we offer dozens of kitchen cabinet colors and style choices, countertops, flooring, and hardware as part of our kitchen remodeling services.Start Over
Sears offers a custom developed solution for refinishing your cabinets. In partnership with Decore-ative Specialties, this custom selection of cabinet components ensures your cabinet refacing choices are complete and comprehensive. We custom select all the components available based on our high standards of construction, design, materials and styles. We also provide a wide array of accessories and options including molding, specialty doors and panels, hardware and more. Offering both Rigid Thermal Foil (RTF) and wood cabinet resurfacing with hundreds of options allows you choice and discrimination. Please view our styles and options below to learn more about custom cabinets and the benefits of cabinet refacing solutions with Sears.
Styles, Options, Accents and Accessories
Large Selection of Cabinet Colors
Since each home and homeowner is unique, we provide a host of color options that can fit virtually any design and dÃ©cor. See just some examples of colors below along with some photos of premium cabinets options and selections.
Custom Cabinet Door Styles
Combined with the right color, the door style sets the character of your kitchen. From traditional to modern, elegant to streamlined, we have a style that will fit your needs.
Design Cabinet Hardware and Accents
Sink selections are as varied and accommodating as all other options. These can include types (single, double, multi-size), shapes, sizes and colors, mounting (under/over mount) and materials. Top sink materials include cast iron, stainless steel, bronze, graphite, and granite.
Available in a variety of styles including high-arc, pull-down spout swivels, prep faucets and pull downs, youâll find the perfect faucet to accent your kitchen. Colors include chrome, Venetian bronze, and brilliant stainless steel. Brands include Kohler and Delta, with a stunning variety from refined and graceful, to accommodating. Download Faucets Catalog
Choose from a wide variety of styles including contemporary, traditional, and exotic, to a wide variety of finishes like brushed nickel, antique bronze, and chrome. Download Handles Catalog
77% of reviewers give us a TOP ranking of 100% satisfied
Dear Sears Home Services,
We recently contracted with Sears to have our kitchen cabinets refaced. Your product quality is superb. However, it is the man you sent to do the job that has made our kitchen cabinet refacing an exceptional experience because he:
1. Explained in detail each major step involved in the refacing.
2. Was patient with our questions and desire to watch him work.
3. Cleaned up every evening so that we had access to the refrigerator & laundry room.
4. Used his talent as a carpenter to fix and even-up our existing cabinets so that the laminate would properly adhere.
5. Was extremely professional and courteous.
We could have gone elsewhere to contract this job. We chose Sears because we were so happy with our gutters and windows. Now we can add Cabinets to the list. You can bet that we will be telling a lot of people about the wonderful and professional service that weâve received from Sears Home Improvement. Thank You.
Dear Sears Home Services,
This letter is to inform you of what a fantastic job our installers did on our kitchen cabinet refacing. The time they spent working on our kitchen greatly improved the value of our home. Their work on the cabinet above the microwave was just incredible. Their work on the additional cabinet was on the mark when it came time for it to be installed. These two installers are the greatest! The quality of the workmanship is just unbelievable and the timetable was just great! The project coordinators did an outstanding job. They were easy to contact and the scheduling for the installation was very convenient for us. This letter is to ensure that you received the highest performance marks on the Home Improvement Customer Survey sheet - all 10âs.
I also want to mention the Sears Authorized Professional Representative's outstanding performance,knowledge, attention to detail, and accessibility. I will highly recommend Sears Home Improvement to all my friends.
Cabinet Installation and Refacing Process
At Sears Home Services, we know how difficult it can be to install or reface your kitchen cabinets, leaving your most used room in the house unusable for a period of time. That's why we strive to make the cabinet installation process as quick and hassle-free as possible. Our experienced refacing technicians and cabinet installers will protect surrounding areas, efficiently complete the job, and clean up the work area so your kitchen is back to normal, the way it should be.
Cabinet Replacement Process:
1. Protect the workspace
2. Remove countertop and sink
3. Remove kitchen cabinets
4. Upgrade electrical outlets
5. Install wall and base cabinets
6. Install trim moldings
7. Install sink
8. Install countertops
9. Install handles
10. Install floors
11. Clean-up and debris removal
Cabinet Refacing Process:
1. Protect the workspace
2. Remove sink and counters
3. Remove doors and drawers
4. Inspect frames and sink base
5. Prepare surfaces
6. Apply PSA wood veneer
7. Install upgrades
8. Install doors and drawers
9. Install counter and backsplash
10. Clean up the work area
Sears Home Services prides itself in efficient and professional cabinet replacement and refinishing services. Engaging in a large home improvement project can be a stressful situation, but we strive to make the cabinet installation process run smoothly. Here's what makes us different from the rest:
• Our work crew hauls away all demolition debris, cleans up, and wipes down everything after itself once the project is completed
• We believe in full transparency. You'll know how many people are coming out to work on your project, and your project coordinator is available by phone or email at any time you have a question or concern
• We show up on time, professionally dressed and ready to serve you
• We respect your property and privacy
• Sears has been in business for over 125 years, and we're known for backing up our products
Have you ever hired a company that talked a good game, but when it came to performing the work, their workmanship was less than desirable? We know how frustrating that situation can be. When you hire Sears Home Services, you will not encounter this problem. We only hire quality technicians and contractors who are fully vetted. Check out our reviews to see what our customers say about our work.
Master Certified Technicians and Contractors: Our team goes through rigorous testing and training. They learn and follow the Sears Standard Operating Procedure for all of our product installations that often exceed normal standard installation procedures.
Skilled Labor: Sears Home Services only hires the best labor in the business. Our cabinet contractors specialize in cabinet installation and repair. They don't work across multiple products.
Detailed Vetting Process:If we hire a sub-contractor to assist with your home improvement project, all of them go through a rigorous vetting process, which includes routine background checks, fiscal health, and training on the Sears Standard Operating Procedure.
Licensed and Insured:Everyone who steps on your property will be licensed and insured against the unlikely event of property damage or bodily injury.
• You can trust us to be there through the life of your project and equipment. Sears has been in business more than 125 years. When the life of a home renovation project should last 15 to 20 years or more, why would you call someone else? More than 69% of contractors fail within the first 7 years*.
• We provide complete project management from start to finish. When you contract with us, we assign a dedicated project manager to your cabinet installation or refacing project. Their role is to coordinate all aspects of the completion of your project including permitting, ordering of materials, local sub-contractor management and more. You deal with only one person who is dedicated to your complete satisfaction across all the elements of the work. No worry about buying the materials yourself from one place, finding contractors to do the work or coordinating delivery and work scheduling between the two.
• As part of our service, we fully qualify and vet the local sub-contractors and technicians who work on your home. This includes bonding and insurance, background checks, quality control of their work effort and much more.
• We do it right the first time! Trusting a Sears team ensures your cabinets are installed and complete the first time. We focus on complete customer satisfaction and will not deem your project complete until you have signed off on the certificate of completion that indicates everything is as you ordered.
When you choose Sears Home Services for a free consultation, you will receive personalized service and attention from the minute our project coordinator or consultant shows up at the door. Our professional, experienced consultants and coordinators are employees of Sears Home Services, and they have gone through a rigorous training program to answer all of your questions about our cabinet products and installation process. Our interactive, computer presentation will help you visualize your cabinet options and craft a comprehensive package to fit your needs. We will also provide sample products so you can touch and feel the various selections and options.
Reasons to schedule an appointment today:
• Our project coordinators will answer all your questions, provide product demonstrations and walk you through all the decisions for designing your cabinet remodel to match your goals, home and lifestyle
• Helpful customer service representatives standing by 24/7 to schedule your appointment and answer your questions
• A call before we arrive to let you know weâre on our way
• A complete, written estimate before we begin any work
• Personalized attention to detail to select the right style and type for your flooring project
The goal of Sears is that you are completely satisfied with your purchase of home improvement products and services. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please let us know by:
Calling Sears Home Improvement Products at
1-866-239-2666 option 4
Emailing a request to ApptServices@searshomepro.com
Upon receiving your request, our customer service team will act promptly to achieve your satisfaction subject to the Limited Warranty on Installation described in your contract and our cancellation and Returns Policy for Sears Home Services described below. Your satisfaction is important to Sears.
Cancellation and Returns Policy For Sears home Improvement Products
Merchandise orders that have been manufactured to custom measurements decided by the customer are called Custom made Orders. Custom-made Orders include but are not limited to, cabinetry, custom windowâs entry doors, and countertops. Custom-made Orders may not be returned for credit or refund. If upon delivery or installation of any Custom-Made Order a manufacturing error is discovered and confirmed by Searsâ inspection, Sears will correct, repair, or replace the merchandise in question.
Any merchandise ordered from vendor catalogs or website that Sears does not carry in its everyday stocked inventory is called a Special Order. Returns and cancellations of uninstalled Special Orders are subject to a restocking fee equal to thirty percent (30%) of the purchase price, plus applicable freight charges. However, the thirty percent restocking fee will not be charged on Special Order returns and cancellations if your merchandise:
Does not match your order specification
Has as a defect in manufacturing
Is damaged in shipment
Order was canceled in accordance with the Notice to Buyer section of your contract before the described deadline.
Installed± or Built-In Merchandise.
Due to significant additional cost associated with installed or built-in merchandise, no returns or exchanges of installed or built-in merchandise are allowed (See Limited Warranty or Installation). However, in certain circumstances and solely at Searsâ discretion, Sears may allow installed or built-in merchandise to be exchanged or returned if the customer pays all installation and de-installation charges plus the applicable restocking feed and freight charges.
Sears’ Limited Warranty on Installation±
In addition to any manufacturer warranty extended to you on the product(s) used (which warranty becomes effective on the date the merchandise is installed), if the workmanship (or application) of any Searsâ arranged installation proves faulty within one year*** after the products are installed, then upon notices from you Sears will cause such faults to be corrected by repair at no additional cost to you. If Sears determines that repair is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, then, at Searsâ sole discretion, Sears may elect to provide replacement or refund. Service under the Limited Warranty is available by calling Sears Home Improvement Products at 1-866-239-2666, option 4 or other method as mentioned above. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from State to State.
*** PLEASE NOTE: The limited warranty on installation for many Sears Home Improvement Products purchases exceeds one year. Please see your contract for the precise length of Sears Limited Warranty on Installation.
When you purchase your cabinet refacing through Sears Home Services, youâll receive:
• Low monthly payments
• Flexible payment options
• Instant credit
• 100% financing available*
cabinets are one of the best investments to make in your home. They offer the highest return on your investment, and they dramatically increase the resale appeal of your home. Weâll walk you through every step of the way to purchasing your new cabinets from applying for financing to managing your payments.
Trusted Warranties by Sears
At Sears Home Improvements, we know how big of an investment a home improvement can be, and we eliminate any worry about a defective product and labor. Our goal is to satisfy you and thatâs why we stand by our Satisfaction Guarantee.
• Written product limited warranty
• Written labor limited warranty
• Public liability protection
• Workerâs compensation protection
• Property damage insurance
• Satisfaction Guarantee.
We're here for you.